Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Homeschoolers are not crazy - a possibility

I have complained long and loud to my friends, neighbors, and completely unrelated people about the biased, ignorant, and plain boring portrayal of homeschoolers in juvenile and especially young adult literature.

Is there hope on the horizon? Fuse8 says maybe. Her Penguin librarian preview highlights an intriguing title: The Homeschool Liberation League by Lucy Frank. Her teens are reading it RIGHT NOW.

I await further developments. Which could happen even faster if I got my own copy! Hint, hint.

1 comment:

liz said...

Thank you for posting this book with homeschoolers as an element. In my writing workshops, I get a lot of homeschoolers who attend. I will email them your link so they'll get this book.
Liz Koehler-Pentacoff