Saturday, April 11, 2009

New book gloatings

One of my favorite parts of being a librarian is seeing all the new books come in! They're on our cataloging carts! Mmmm....

Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce. I was a very, very good girl, and only looked at the cover blurb. It looks very goooood.

Thirteenth Child by Patricia C. Wrede. It feels like FOREVER since a new Wrede came out! I can't wait for it to be catalogued!

Something Maybe by Elizabeth Scott. I just like the cover - I'm really into hats.

Lauren Child's I completely Know About Guinea Pigs. Bert is soooo cute! I showed this to my sister (librarian's sisters have privileges too, you know) and we both went nuts over it. "Bert's gone tiny!" Snerk, giggle.

Same Same by Marthe Jocelyn. A really fascinated concept book - can't wait to show this to my colleague who does baby and toddler storytimes.

Nic Bishop Butterflies. Ooooh, gorgeous!

Lots more, of course, but these are the ones I'm really bouncy about!

Of course, there are also disappointments and confusions.....I ordered a couple of the Boxcar Children graphic novels and....my first thought on picking one up from the box was "oh, they've sent a promotional pamphlet." Nope. That's the book. I am sooo not buying anymore. I also had somehow gotten it into my head that Obi, Gerbil on the Loose by Delaney was a picturebook - nope, it's a chapter book. And, aaargh! one of my new Scooby-Doo chapter books turned out to be Spanish. Not what I had in mind.

But a very lovely opening of boxes all the same!

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

Our public library has lots of graphic novels and manga, so I am sneaky and only buy graphic versions of novels or cheesy graphic history/science/biography-- and the students read them because they don't have anything else. Evil, I know. The Box Car Children in graphic form tempted me, but I decided against it. Glad I did!