Sunday, June 14, 2009

First day of summer reading!

This is one of the times I am soooo glad our library is only open from 10 to 2 on Saturdays! It was a madhouse but very successful. The magician I hired was a huge hit and we had about 75 attendees for that program, which is very good, especially considering we were competing with the city-wide rummage sale and bike safety day. I haven't counted my summer reading registrations yet, but I think we signed up at least 100 - mainly elementary age students but middle schoolers seem to be making a much stronger showing this year.

Unfortunately, I'm also rapidly running out of free books to give out with registration - I'm sorely in need of easy readers, picturebooks, and beginning chapter books. So, I'm off to wander through bookmooch and see what I can find....

No comments: