Thursday, September 17, 2009

More New Books at the Library!

A couple kids came up while I was checking these in and nearly had a fist-fight over who got Al Capone Shines My Shoes first...I had no idea this was a popular book until I casually mentioned to a school librarian that a new one was coming out while I was at school visits - and some kids overheard me and start jumping up and down and yelling!

Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley. Fairies for the girls who have outgrown Rainbow Magic and Disney Fairies. Gorgeous cover, this was another one the kids at my desk snatched up right away. I have an ARC that I actually haven't read yet. I'm savoring the anticipation, ok?

Runaway Dragon by Kate Coombs. Yay! This one's going home with me. I just HAPPEN to have chocolate, and Runaway Princess so I can reread and then read the sequel.

Secrets of a lab rat: no girls allowed by Trudi Trueit. Fun-looking cover, sounded like a good weird school adventure book.

Thea Stilton and the dragon's code by Geronimo Stilton. Can't keep these on the shelves...

Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist: Flight of the Phoenix by R. L. LaFevers. I really liked this when I read it as an ARC. I think it will be enjoyed.

Stage Fright by Meg Cabot. Newest Allie Finkle.

Alien Expedition by Pamela Service. Latest in the Alien Agent series. Hilarious beginning chapter book, this one's going home with me for a quick and happy read tonight!

Wyrm King by Diterlizzi and Black. Latest in the series. Surprised there's no hold on it.

High School Musical: Poetry in Motion. I made an exception for my "no ephemeral books" rule and got these chapter books for our series. By the time they fall apart they won't be popular anymore, so all's well.

Marvel Adventures: Avengers: Heroes Assembled. I have some of the Marvel Adventures in individual library-bound editions from ABDO, but we can't afford to get that many and I'd thought I'd see how the paperback holds up. Plus...I like the Avengers.

Canned by Alex Shearer. I fell in love with the back cover - "Everybody has an expiration date" and then a nutrition facts label with "serving size: 1 finger" Heh heh heh.

Dear Dumb Diary: Let's pretend this never happened by Jim Benton. I got this for us from Bookmooch - these are very popular and keep falling apart!

Fancy Nancy: Pajama Party by Jane O'Connor. Nice easy readers.

Case of the troublesome turtle by Cynthia Rylant. Someone recommended this series to me when I was looking for easy reader mysteries a while ago, but it took me some time to find any still in print.

Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo. I thought it was a picturebook until it came. And I can never spell dicammilo.

Stone Rabbit: Deep-space disco by Erik Craddock. Fairly popular comics. This one is actually pretty funny.

Zack Proton and the wrong planet by Brian Anderson. Just the latest in one of our popular series...

Gabriella the Snow Kingdom Fairy by Daisy Meadows. I have a deal. I buy all the new Rainbow Magic - but I don't replace the old ones. That way our library does not become simply a repository for glittery fairies.

Extra Credit by Andrew Clements. I kept taking this off the order list b/c there was something else I wanted...finally got it on there.

And that's the first installment. Yep, there's MORE!! I get most of my books in a big bunch at the middle of the month.

No comments: