Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Cybils Nominations! and if you haven't nominated anything yet, please use some of my suggestions!

Ok, folks. One. More. Day. Cybils Nominations close tomorrow! Get out there and nominate! If you need some suggestions, I've listed a few at the bottom of this post.

I've finished my nominations and here they are:

Easy Readers/Short Chapter Books:
Down Girl and Sit: Bad to the Bone by Lucy Nolan (You'll be hearing more about this as I'm on the easy reader/short chapter books panel!)

Fantasy/SF
Runaway Dragon by Kate Coombs (review coming soon. maybe this weekend.)

Fiction Picture Books
Duck and Cover by Jackie Urbanovic (my review)

Graphic Novels
Girl Genius 8: Agatha Heterodyne and the Chapel of Bones by Phil & Kaja Foglio

Middle Grade Fiction
Melonhead by Katy Kelly (my review)

Non-Fiction Middle Grade/YA
Which Way to the Wild West by Steve Sheinkin (my review)

Non-Fiction Picture Books
About Penguins: A Guide for Children by Cathryn Sill

Poetry
Nothing from me this year

YA Fiction
Wish You Were Dead by Todd Strasser (Admit I haven't read this really thoroughly....but I think some more mysteries were needed in the nominations)

And some suggestions if you haven't nominated yet....
  • Alien Expedition and/or Camp Alien by Pamela Service (Middle Grade Fantasy)
  • Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley (Middle Grade Fantasy)
  • Trudy by Henry Cole (Fiction Picture Book)
  • Snow Day by Sakai (Fiction Picture Book)
  • Welcome to the zoo by Alison Jay (Fiction Picture Book)
  • Sergio Saves the Game by Edel Rodriguez (Fiction Picture Book)
  • Doggone Dogs by Karen Beaumont (Fiction Picture Book)
  • Do not build a Frankenstein by Neil Numberman (Fiction Picture Book)
  • On our way home by Sebastien Braun (Fiction Picture Book)
  • Panda and Polar Bear by Matthew Baek (Fiction Picture Book)
  • World of Quest 2 by Jason Kruse (Graphic Novel)
  • Happy Birthday Bad Kitty (Middle Grade Fiction)
  • Science Warriors by Sneed Collard (MG/YA non-fiction)
  • Sea Cows, Shamans and Scurvy by Ann Arnold (MG/YA non-fiction)

3 comments:

pussreboots said...

I nominated Happy Birthday Bad Kitty but in the graphic novels category.

jason said...

Hi Jennifer,

Just found this post and wanted to say thanks for suggesting my book (The World of Quest)

Thanks!


Jason Kruse

KATE COOMBS said...

My dragon thanks you!

--Kate