Saturday, November 21, 2009

A mixed bag of new stuff at the library!

Just in time for Thanksgiving, a nice mixture of new stuff!
  • Up. I haven't seen this yet, but I'm looking forward to it!
  • Chicka Chicka ABC. I decided we needed this in boardbook format after watching a little girl wander around the library singing "chicka chicka boom boom" over and over and over...
  • Trucktown: Spooky Tire by Jon Scieszka. I've started buying these hardback or pre-bound. The paperbacks are painfully flimsy.
  • Tattoo by Jennifer Barnes. Anything supernatural goes over well right now of course, and some girls asked me for Fate last year, so I finally got Tattoo.
  • Star Wars Omnibus Emissaries and Assassins. My Star Wars kids will be very happy! I already read this - our copy was backordered forever and I got it from another library.
  • Nature's Art Box by Laura Martin. As soon as I saw this, I knew we needed it! Serendipitously, I found it on clearance at Half Price Books and broke my "no buying books for the library you've got a student loan to pay off" rule.
  • Girls Acting Catty by Leslie Margolis. At last! I was able to give out a couple ARCs of this for summer reading prizes but this is another delayed one that I've been impatiently awaiting.
  • Sisters Club by Megan McDonald. Another for my girls who like realistic tween fiction.
  • Wild at Heart: Homeless and Fight for Life by Laurie Halse Anderson. Added these donations as a new series - if they circ well I'll get more.
  • Disney's animation collection: Mickey's Christmas Carol. I've avoided buying these collections because they tend to pair popular cartoons with really outdated, forgotten-for-a-reason ones, plus for only a couple cartoons they're expensive! But I wanted some more Christmas movies and this collection isn't too bad.
  • Maximum Ride the manga 2.
  • Mail Order Ninja 2. Okay, I am really irritated about this. I ordered all three. I get number 2. Now number one is listed as publisher out of stock and number three isn't available either. Argh!
  • Iron Man armored adventures volume 2. Can always use more superhero cartoons...
  • Generation T beyond fashion by Megan Nicolay. I thought our teen girls would enjoy this, and moms too as there's projects for little kids.
  • Fullmetal Alchemist 4 & 5. My second try at getting these - last time I ordered they arrived and were text, not manga. Now I have a new vendor and real manga!
  • Fancy Nancy the show must go on. Another Fancy Nancy easy reader
  • Eloise at Christmastime. more Christmas movies...
  • Duck Duck Moose by Dave Horowitz. A silly and fun story about ducks, a moose, and cross-country trips.
  • Dragonbreath by Ursula Vernon. Finally! Been waiting for this one too.
  • Bad Kitty by Nick Bruel. I am on a mission to get all of these for our library!
  • Animal Friends: a global celebration of children and animals. I admit it; I bought this board book solely for the adorable guinea pig.
  • Crossing of Ingo by Helen Dunmore. I'm rather proud of acquiring this; I had anxious fans constantly bugging me about when the next one was coming out...and I got this Canadian-published copy on Amazon and they are thrilled!
  • Hannah Montana: super sneak and truth or dare. Bleh. They circ. whatever.
  • Girl Genius: Beetleburg Clank. Yes, we have the omnibus. But it's getting tattered and as I am buying the whole series I wanted a complete set. Yum! Had to get this one on Amazon as it wasn't available through my vendor. Hope the other ones are coming soon....
  • Veggietales the toy that saved Christmas. more Christmas movies....periodically my Veggietales movies collapse into ruination and must be replaced.
  • Salt Water Taffy the truth about Dr. True. Modest but respectable circs.
  • Aliens in the attic. Hmm, only one hold on it, that doesn't bode well for the popularity of a movie. But, in my experience, people will pretty much check out any movie so it doesn't really matter.
  • Popular Mechanics for Kids: Firefighters. Wish I'd had this movie when an adorable toddler came in a few evenings ago dressed as a firefighter and wanting "fi-fi books"
  • Graphic Dinosaurs: Velociraptor. wish I could get better cover pics of this series online....
And that's all for now! I'm waiting with bated breath to see what, if any, budget I will have for December!

2 comments:

Josh Elder said...

Saw your comment on Mail Order Ninja (I'm the author and Google sends me such mentions). You can order all the volumes in library binding from Abdo Publishing. Except for 3... that was solicited but hasn't actually been released yet, but we're working on it!

Cheers,

Josh Elder

Jennifer said...

Ah, thanks! I actually managed to get #1 through Amazon, so we'll just be waiting around for #3 now!