Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mo Willems

Until a little while ago, I was not a big Mo Willems fan. I had never actually read a Pigeon book. Or Knuffle Bunny. Of course I knew about them, but, well, "there's lots of good books out there" I told myself. "I don't have to read them all." And then I discovered Elephant and Piggie. Love, love, love. Now I read lots of Mo Willems in storytime and to class visits, and to random people walking by...we just finished a Mo Willems dedicated storytime week and, as if in celebration, three Elephant and Piggie books arrived in the mail today, Cybils goodness from teh lovely publishers! I'm looking forward to reviewing these, especially Watch Me Throw the Ball, which I have MEMORIZED due to reading it to approximately 1500 kids (no, not all at once. In groups) last May for summer reading program promotion. From the kindergarteners to the 6th graders, they loved it!

1 comment:

Infant Bibliophile said...

I agree that these are great. I should probably just buy a whole set of them for my 2 year-old. He HAS to love them eventually. In fact, I think I'm going to buy Watch Me Throw the Ball for my baseball loving 5 year old nephew for Christmas. I haven't read it yet, but I assume it must be as good as the others I've read.