Tuesday, January 26, 2010

More new books!

A nice big stack of new books today (or actually yesterday, but I just got to them) Lots of Young Adult and Juvenile
  • A new copy of Catherine, Called Birdy. For some weird reason we had a decent HB in the YA and a ratty PB in the J. I replaced the PB with a new HB and we'll just leave one in both spots. Whatever.
  • Tangled by Carolyn Mackler. I glanced through the replacement we also just got, Virgin Vegan Valentine, and it was really good. Wish I had time to read the whole thing. This one didn't sound so interested, but I've obviously got Mackler fans who will appreciate it.
  • By the time you read this I'll be dead. Another dead girl (well, almost dead girl. suicide anyways) book. Kinda disappointed when I skimmed through it. Oh well. Really irritated that it's about a girl trying to kill herself b/c of major bullying b/c she's fat. Girl on the cover? Practically anorexic. Grrr.
  • They never came back. More Caroline Cooney.
  • Claim to fame by Margaret Peterson Haddix. Could not figure where to put this on my reading lists. It's about a girl who hears voices, so kinda paranormal. It's also kinda got a mystery, that turns out not to be a mystery. It's about a girl who was an actress, but not really a Hollywood-ish thing. Whatever.
  • Shadowland by Alyson Noel. More for the Twihards.
  • Tempted by P. C. Cast. "A-ya, the ancient Cherokee maiden..." Choke. Why doesn't somebody boycott these? For the serious Twihard.
  • Captivate by Carrie Jones. I thought the music in the trailer was kinda corny, but I'm still planning to read these. Werewolfies! Plus, Carrie Jones has an extremely adorable dog.
  • a new copy of Bear Called Paddington! Gorgeous colored anniversary edition, and not at all expensive!
  • Peter and the Sword of Mercy. I thought the Starcatchers series was over, but I guess not.
  • Dear Pen Pal by Heather Vogel Frederick. I keep thinking I ought to do a mother-daughter book club with these...
  • Million-Dollar Throw. I know, I know, I ordered it a while ago, it only just came now.
Some new and replacement picturebooks and stuff
  • A couple boardbooks donated by a staff member, That's Not My Frog! and Busy Bear Cubs. Thanks Penny!
  • We got new copies of Leaf Man, Alexander and the Terrible etc., Where do balloons go?, When Sophie Gets Angry, Miss Nelson is Missing, Great Kapok Tree, Taback's There was an old lady, Crews' Flying, and Tudor's 1 is One. Replacement month!
  • Yay! Our copies of But Who Will Bell the Cats, Nanook & Pryce, and Waiting for Winter came! These are all lovely and/or funny books that I am very excited to show off!

1 comment:

SchrefflerFamily said...

My son LOVES the That's Not My... series!