Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another successful school visit!

I was PREPARED for 7th and 8th graders this time, and they were actually pretty fun! Of course, it helps that I knew some. A couple funny faces at a kid who knows you go over much better than with totally strange teens....although perhaps I shouldn't have told them the goldfish bowl story. Oh well.

This was my second parochial school visit - Lutherans this time. I gotta say, Lutherans have one major advantage over Catholics.....no, I'm not talking about theology or tradition, I'm talking air-conditioning. It was lovely. I had a very good response from First Lutheran school last year as far as participation and I'm hoping that continues. Tomorrow is the first marathon visit - Tibbets Elementary! Can I see every single child in every single class without losing my voice? We will see.....

2 comments:

Kate Coombs said...

I'm laughing about the Lutheran air conditioning and the Stare of Death (which skips 6th grade...). It's so nice that you're spreading the gospel of reading!

Jennifer said...

Well, this is only my second year in Wisconsin - the past two Mays were COLD. I had no idea most of the schools weren't air-conditioned! The things you learn...