Tuesday, January 25, 2011

a graphic answer to that age-old question...

How do you find time to read so much?!


Answer: I don't do anything else. As you can clearly see from the state of my kitchen (yep, that's pretty much every dish I own. I haven't done dishes since I got back from San Diego, other than washing the occasional fork) and my craft area - there's a giant pile of fabric you can't quite see behind the stack of plastic tubs. It has been there for many months. I will get it sorted, cut, ironed, and organized in the fabric closet. Eventually.
Meanwhile, I just got this really cool book...

7 comments:

NatalieSap said...

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one! There are always dishes in my sink and piles and PILES of stuff everywhere. Read or clean? Gee, let me think about that one...

Ms. Yingling said...

I prefer the eat-only-from-one-bowl-and-rinse-afterwards methor but have been unable to get my family on board with this. Quilting stuff has been in basement since August.It's winter. Reading is more important. Thanks for the laugh this morning!

Jennifer said...

Hee hee. I sometimes horrify friends and colleagues (and my mom) when they realize I haven't done dishes for several weeks but...I figure it's one of the (many) advantages of living alone. Nobody there to care if the dishes and counters are full of dirty dishes! If there are piles of cloth filling the dining room! at least I put away the laundry from two weeks ago...

Anamaria (bookstogether) said...

Thank you for posting this! Now I should post one of my desk (and the piles of books and papers on the floor around it). If only I could find the camera.

Jennifer said...

yeah, I should post the stacks of books in my reading area...or my desk at work...

Charlotte said...

How very brave of you, Jennifer! I have to wash my dishes a bit more often, because of living in fear of Child Protective Services making an unexpected visit...but even so, their reaction to my kitchen might be less than kind!

Jennifer said...

*snicker*