Sunday, February 6, 2011

New page: Essays

I've got a new page up, Essays! I was cleaning out my computer files and came across my stash of children's literature essays and papers and was once again wondering what to do with them...and I decided to throw them up here, via Google docs. Take a look if you're interested! For those who crave more information, the Randall Jarrell essays were my senior literature thesis and the L. M. Boston work was my honors thesis, although only the Anchor in Time section was used. But I figured 40 pages was enough...

One of the reasons I didn't stay (or continue, depending on how you look at it) in academia was the somewhat annoying realization that the number of people who cared about critical literary analysis of children's literature was very, very small. Also, I got bored.

Now I just have to do something with all the poetry...

Updated...I decided what to do with all the poetry. I made another blog. Just poetry now, maybe I'll throw in some other art stuff later on. Visit http://cailinsanderspoetry.blogspot.com/ for some seriously depressing poetry!

4 comments:

Anamaria (bookstogether) said...

Thanks so much for sharing these, Jennifer! I remember you mentioned your honors thesis when I was reading the Green Knowe books and look forward to checking it out sometime.

Jennifer said...

Great! Even if only a few people are interested, that's a few more than would have read it had it stayed in a file on my computer...

Charlotte said...

I will read the Green Knowe one too, and the Susan Cooper!

Jennifer said...

*pleased face*