Sunday, December 30, 2012

Dipping my toes in the sea of manga: XXXHolic by CLAMP

I got conflicting recommendations on Clamp titles, some people saying they weren't good choices to start Manga reading on, others saying they were. I decided I might like them since they sounded "different" and I'm pretty sure by now that the usual popular manga isn't to my taste. I did actually like this quite a bit. It was interesting, mysterious, and definitely different. I did find the endless philosophizing rather annoying - a bit like listening to a teen who has just discovered the wonders of some ancient philosophy or religion and can't wait to impart them.

Anyways, the art was interesting and not too hard to follow. I might read a little farther in this one to see what happens.

Borrowed from another library in my consortium

No comments: