Sunday, December 30, 2012

Dipping my toes into the sea of manga: Hollow Fields by Madeleine Rosca

A little girl goes to her new boarding school, but accidentally enrolls at a school for mad and evil scientists. Along with all the other problems of starting a new school, and starting at an evil steampunk fantasy school with mysteries, the student with the lowest grades gets sent to "detention" and never returns.

This was one with lots of exclamations and the characters doing that weird freak-out thing. This got annoying fast and I was frustrated that I couldn't really seem to grasp the story with all the different characters. I don't think I'd hand it to any kids who stress about not finishing their homework (heh heh heh) but it was a cute story with lots of mysterious fantasy mixed in.

Borrowed from another library in my consortium

No comments: