- No programs this week. I am working on publicity, collection development, planning storytimes and programs, and my backlist of projects, including a lexile recommendation list, displays, series weeding, magazines, and additional marketing.
- I am also having an existential crisis about my life and my job. Because life was not stressful enough. Hamster brain! Why are you asking me about tax forms when I am having an existential crisis? Why?
- According to a dissatisfied patron, I live and work in "hillbilly hell." I find this hilarious.
- Existential crisis mostly over and I am Zen Librarian again.
- Pretty hefty snowstorm Thursday. We did not close of course - neither rain, nor snow, nor hail, nor sleet...but I send our cataloger home early and then our director sent me off early. Made it home through the first snowstorm of the year past many a ditched car...and then the library closed at 6:30 because they lost power!
- Our total attendance for the year is 11,383. This is pretty good, considering that the first year I came it was about 3,000 and almost all of that was Pattie.
Approximate hours this week
- Monday, 11:45 - 8:00
- Tuesday, 8:30 - 4:30
- Wednesday, 9-5
- Thursday, 9:30-4:45
- Friday, staff holiday breakfast at 7am, worked until closing at 6
The Year In Review!