- Tiny Tots with Miss Pattie
- Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) with Miss Pattie
- Preschool Interactive
- Books 'n' Babies with Miss Pattie
- Lego Club
- We Explore Shapes
- Refilled the bean bags with the help of another staff member. Always a proceeding fraught with interest and coughing.
- Acquired a hamster! I was throwing around random ideas for a new pet (since all the fish died) and my aide asked if she could get us a hamster and be in charge of it. I am very cool with this idea. A patron donated an aquarium with top and we have lots of suggested names (not particularly good suggestions, but there are a lot).
- High points of Monday - kicking out all the middle schoolers who were discussing the finer points of their planned obscene drawing, apparently under the illusion that the study room walls are soundproof. I've told them a gazillion times they aren't, but they're still shocked when I can hear them. And one of the preschool teachers happened to drop by so I could save myself a trip to the school Tuesday morning. One less thing to do!
- Tuesday was enlivened by the unexpected advent of a huge group of teachers, college students, and children doing some kind of testing? tutoring? I think there were really only about 20, but it felt like more. At one point in the afternoon I had
- Middle schoolers in the storyroom
- Homeschoolers in the big study room
- More middle schoolers and a special study group in the two small study rooms
- Two different groups of 8th graders in the silent study area
- A large group of teens in the teen room (previous groups were broken off this one b/c they were too noisy)
- And the group of teachers etc. in small groups at every study table downstairs, doing their math testing or whatever it was.
- Plus the usual wave of families dropping by after school, crashing computers, complaints about noise, requests for study rooms (they're full! really!) and someone banging on the piano (you're not supposed to, but it happens)
- Wednesday - wondered where all my Preschool Interactive families were. Realized it was sunny and warm and they were probably at a play group at the park that's held every month.
- Thursday - wondered where all my Lego Club groupies were. Started counting mentally and realized that at least half the population of the town is sick, including most of my Lego kids. I did have three or four new families, which was nice.
Approximate hours this week
- Monday, 12-8
- Tuesday, 9-5
- Wednesday, 9-5
- Thursday, 9:45-5:30
- Friday, 9-4 (left early to run errands)