Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Cybils Day!

Take a look over at the Cybils website to see the winners! Another exciting year of Cybils has come to an end and Cybils 2012 moves down to the links. Time to start thinking about nominations for next year!

I'm especially pleased to announce the winner for my category Non-Fiction Picture Books, Mrs. Harkness and the Panda by Alicia Potter, illustrated by Melissa Sweet. This was a new discovery for me and listening to the round 2 discussion (as an organizer I just listen, I don't talk - a trial indeed for those of you who know me (-:) was fascinating. I'm also excited that Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks won in the teen graphic novel category. I'm a big fan of Hicks and was on the first round judging panel that helped select the finalists. And, finally, Bomb by Steve Sheinkin wins in middle grade and teen nonfiction! Woo! It deserves ALL THE SHINY.

No comments: