- Walworth homeschoolers (outside group)
- Toddlers 'n' Books (two sessions, Pattie)
- Preschool Interactive
- Middle School Madness
- Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
- Lego Club
- Family Game Night (Pattie) (Cancelled)
- We Explore Healthy Snacking (Pattie)
- Monday: Our adult services librarian is leaving. We are happy for her new, awesome job and very, very sad for ourselves. We are not so crazy as to think we can cover the desk while hunting for a replacement and we are hopefully going to have a temp. I agreed to do the newsletter but it is a ONE-TIME THING.
- Tuesday: It is looking like a very, very frustrating week. I am not going into details but I am very...frustrated.
- Wednesday: First middle school madness. I was going to buy extra snacks, then it said it was going to sleet so I didn't, then the weather changed. Then I realized I had forgotten to buy pretzel sticks. However, many kids came, it was lots of fun, I took embarrassing pictures (of the kids) and got hoarse talking over the sound of 30 kids and the Wii. Also, discovered what happens if someone (no, it was not me) puts non-rechargeable batteries into the recharger by mistake. And I only left 20 minutes late!
- Wednesday evening I took one for the team and watched most of the latest Tinkerbell movie. I do try to at least skim all the feature films I buy for the children's area and preview at least an episode or two of the tv shows. I've never actually made it all the way through one of the Tinkerbell movies before though. URGH, the STEREOTYPES. The animation was pretty, the music was pretty, but every time they introduced a new character...UGH. And do they HAVE to give the fairies pin-up model figures?
- ANOTHER snow storm on Thursday. Pattie agreed it was best to cancel Family Game Night, but of course we do not ever close for any reason, so I still had Lego Club. About 30 people came, although most left early. On the small side for Lego Club, but pretty good for bad weather. (and we did actually close 30 minutes early).
- Friday. A beautiful winter wonderland. Luckily, none of the winter wonderland smashed into my car.