Sunday, February 24, 2013

Welcome to my blogs

Since I just added a new blog, I thought I'd take a few minutes and explain what I do on each of my blogs.

Jean Little Library is my main blog. Named in honor of Canadian author Jean Little, this is a collective journal of my library work and reading. I post a nonfiction review on Monday, fiction reviews on Wednesday and Friday, and a round-up of what happened that week at the library on Saturday. I use these round-ups to reflect on what I am doing and why, how I am meeting my goals, and to write my monthly reports. Also to relieve stress by venting (in a guarded and totally non-specific way of course).

Flying off my bookshelf is my mini review blog. Everything I read that isn't reviewed here goes there. It's not necessarily the "bad" stuff, just things that I didn't have much to say about, genres I don't review (adult, ya) and I don't put up re-reads, because life is just too short. If you want to see a panorama of my reading tastes, hopping from picture books to superhero comics to trashy romance to nonfiction, that's the place to go. I've recently started a big project to put all the books I own up on this blog and tagged them "retro", which is the only tag on this blog.

In short, I am busy is the home of my programs. I write sort of "lesson plans" for several of my ongoing programs and they are all stored here as well as photo albums. I started this one because my main blog was getting too crowded and since I am doing more and more of my program planning on the blog, it made sense to have a separate space for it. I link to this blog in my weekly library round-up on Jean Little Library.

It's Animation, Not Cartoons is my newest blog. It's in the style of Flying off my bookshelf, but covers movies instead. Since I watch mostly cartoons (and if you're an adult, it's animation, not cartoons (-:) as well as preview all the movies I purchase for the library, this will be mostly children's films.

Storytime Extras is where I collect all my flannelboards and the songs and rhymes I use in storytime. I link to it in my Preschool Interactive plans and use tinyurls to give out to parents (although I don't know that they ever really look them up).

I also have all of my poetry from my high school and college years stored on a blog, Under the name of Cailin Sanders and that blog has now migrated to become my creative file, including cooking and handcrafts.

Finally, I keep a backup of all my No Flying No Tights reviews on a private blog.

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

Wow. Once again, I am so impressed. It is all I can do to keep up with ONE blog! This is a good way for you to keep track and share all the different facets of your job! Wow.