- Angry Birds Party
- Preschool Interactive
- Outreach visit to Learning Curve
- Messy Art Club: Painting and Planting
- We Explore Dance with Toe to Toe ballet
- Monday: Two-hour staff meeting, general Monday craziness.
- Tuesday: Phew, Angry Birds is over! I can relax, as much as summer ever relaxes. Very small groups at toddler storytime this morning - last year the attendance was MASSIVE, this year not so much. Who knows why? Also had a surprise visit from a daycare/after school care bringing kids in to check out books. On the one hand, it would be nice to know ahead of time that 20 kids are going to show up, especially when parents come to meet the group and they're not there and I have no idea what they're talking about. On the other hand, they're the most well-behaved group you could want and in fact gave one of my aides a real shock when she stopped to say hi to a kid coming out from the stacks...who was suddenly followed by 20 other kids, all of whom had been curled up on the bean bags, reading!
- Wednesday was exhausting - two lengthy storytimes followed by a number of difficult patrons.
- Thursday was frantic, but Messy Art Club was actually quite peaceful.
- Friday was adorable - click on the link above to see not only pics but some little movies of the kids dancing like various jungle animals.
- Saturday: Busy, but not insanely so. Week over!