Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cybils 2013 Nomination Suggestions

Nominations close on the 15th! It's your last chance! (Please follow all the rules. PLEASE)

I've discovered it's really hard to remember that great title I read 11 months ago - so I collect what I consider Cybils-discussion-worthy titles all year from what I've read and reviewed and save them up. Here are my suggestions if you need something to jog your memory! (Eligibility not guaranteed, although I have checked them all quickly, and the list will be updated as titles are nominated)

Early Chapters
  • Critter Club: Amy and the missing puppy by Callie Barkley
  • Fairy Bell Sisters: Sylva and the fairy ball by Margaret McNamara
Fiction Picture Books
  • Grandma and the great gourd by Chitra Divakaruni
  • Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli
  • Yoo-Hoo Ladybug! by Mem Fox
Elementary/Middle Grade Nonfiction
  • Here come the humpbacks by April Pulley Sayre
  • Sea Otter by Suzi Eszterhas
  • Too hot? Too cold? by Caroline Arnold
  • What happens next by Nicola Davies
You can also check out the slideshows of new books at my library

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi, Jennifer. I hope people nominate all of these. I have a few to add to your list... When I Was Eight by Christy Jordan-Fenton, Barbed Wire Baseball by Marissa Moss, You Never Heard of Willie Mays? by Jonah Winter, The Price of Freedom by Judith Bloom Fradin, The Great American Dust Bowl by Don Brown, Martin & Mahalia by Andrea Davis Pinkney, Shimmer & Splash by Jim Arnosky... I agree about Stripes of All Types by Susan Stockade. Go forth and nominate folks! I need more to read!