Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nonfiction Monday

Welcome to Nonfiction Monday! Please leave your posts in the comments and I will arrange them in exquisite order throughout the day. It looks like we are going to have a great line-up, heavy on the animals and biographies as always though. Alas for the poor 001s, 200s, and 700s!

Yay! Some more for our neglected Deweys!

001s: All the weird stuff and library organization (think about that for a minute)

200s: Religion, mythology, and other things that I forget

300s: Culture, holidays, fairy tales, and scary stories (maybe that's only in my library?)
500s: Science, including weather, dinosaurs, math, and wild animals (tame animals live elsewhere)
600s: Applied technology, which in Dewey's world means farming and swords. And domesticated animals! If you can pet it, it's a 600.
700s: We have sports!

900s: History, biography, and shipwrecks


Perogyo said...

Thanks for hosting!

I am reviewing an animal love story today, Kate and Pippin. This one will be up in a couple of hours. http://www.perogiesandgyoza.com/2013/11/kate-and-pippin.html

kidlitaboutpolitics said...

I honor of the anniversary of Kennedy's assassination last Thursday, I reviewd "John F. Kennedy: A Photographic Story of a Life." It's not a particularly positive review. http://kidlitaboutpolitics.wordpress.com/2013/11/21/john-f-kennedy-a-photographic-story-of-a-life/

Thanks for hosting!

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

I reviewed a Thanksgiving book:

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

Thanks for hosting today! I'm sharing two picture books by Deborah Hopkinson:

proseandkahn said...

Thanks for hosting. Here's my link to The Eight Dolphins of Katrina: http://proseandkahn.blogspot.com/2013/11/non-fiction-monday-eight-dolphins-of.html


Roberta said...

Good Morning,

I'm in the 500's (my favorite section) with Frog Song by Brenda Z. Guiberson today at http://blog.wrappedinfoil.com/2013/11/singing-praises-for-frog-song/

Thanks for hosting!

Sue Heavenrich said...

Thanks for hosting us today. Over at Sally's Bookshelf I've got a review of Noah Webster and His Words


Anastasia Suen said...

Thanks for hosting today, Jennifer! Over at Booktalking, I have a 796 for you: Snowmobile Snocross (Extreme Winter Sports Zone) by Darice Bailer.


Cindy Dobrez said...

HA! At Bookends we love the 001s and have two books in that Dewey section today!

Tammy Flanders said...

Sorry, I'm a little late with my addition today. I'm looking at Nazi Hunters at Apples with Many Seeds.
Thanks for hosting today.


Sondy said...

Thanks for hosting!

My belated post at Sonderbooks is in honor of Thanksgiving. Katherine Paterson's Giving Thanks: Poems, Prayers and Praise Songs of Thanksgiving.