Saturday, November 30, 2013

This week at the library; or, Let the holidays commence

Programs:
  • 5th grade library visits
Random Commentary:
  • I don't do programs Thanksgiving week - attendance is just too spotty and it's easier to take the whole week off rather than explain which days we're closed. I worked about 10 hours on Monday, a full day on Tuesday, and left early on Wednesday. We close at 5:30 on Wednesday and don't open again until Saturday.
  • However this year I did get the 5th graders from our closest school coming to check out books. I was a bit nervous about this since they've only visited once a year in the past for a scavenger hunt, tour, and booktalking, but the teachers were enthusiastic, we needed the circulation, and I was just going to hope I had enough mysteries for 70+ kids. It worked out great - I'll do more booktalking next time, since we won't have a tour.
  • Mostly this week was finishing all the shifting and getting ready for Paws to Read, which starts next Monday. See the shifting!
Paws to Read Challenges and drawing slip box


Audiobook shelf, shifted and beautiful!

Back of the audiobook shelf - series

In process - Favorite Characters section at the beginning of juvenile fiction

Shifting Spanish, biography, and new nonfiction

Shifted!

Favorite Characters done - lots of empty space for things that still have to be labeled

No comments: