Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thrive Thursday

Still time to leave links! I'll continue adding to the round-up through the end of the week

Awesome School-Age Programs for All Libraries!


And, from myself, we've had quite a few family and school-age programs at my library this month, including...Fall Festival - this introduced my after school clubs as well as some fun games and prizes

Our gracious founder, Lisa at Thrive after Three, offers a fun Halloween scavenger hunt and the fun continues with Room on the Broom Bingo!

If you're looking for some dress-up ideas, why not try Meg's Pirate Party at Miss Meg's Storytime? Ahoy me hearties, here be books!

Carol Simon Levin has a great program on early Egyptian art and civilization. Mummies anyone?

We Explore programs - I'm doing these currently with preschool and toddlers, but little do they know they are merely the testing ground - these are going to become my outreach offerings and I already have a whole school of first graders signed up to come for We Explore Favorite Artists in October!
We Explore Favorite Artist Lois Ehlert


Mad Scientists Club at my library started back up again with Mad Scientists Club: Cardboard Engineering

I've also started a new We Explore series - Nature! (my colleague does science for the toddlers) We Explore Nature: Birds

Angie at Fat Girl Reading has not one science program, not two, but an ENTIRE WEEK of ScienceFest programming!

Dana at Jbrary has a plethora of games for International Game Day. It's a bonanza!

Ms. Kelly has their latest American Girl Club meeting - Kaya!

Tweenbrarian has a lunch book club with, appropriately, Lunch Lady! Pizza and justice is served!

Tweenbrarian also has some great ideas for Star Wars Read Day

What do you do when things don't turn out as you expect? Check out The Neighborhood Librarian's Family Day trials and how she coped.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle month at erinisinire....ok, I am not a big fan of TMNT but I want this!

For serious fans, Librarian Out Loud has an entire club based around Dr. Who. The Whovians. Wow. I...watched a couple episodes once? It was ok?


Carol Simon Levin said...
Fun Ancient Egypt program I did last week.

Lindsey said...

Dana wrote about her ideas for International Games Day on Jbrary:

Ms. Kelly said...

I started our American Girl Club back up this month. We learned about Kaya:

Amy German said...

Here is a Lunch Lady tween book club --

Also, here is a program for Star Wars Reads Day on Oct.11th --

Angie Manfredi said...

I wrote about our week of STEM programming for all ages as part of our town's ScienceFest: said...

I have two Halloween ideas both ready-to-steal with handouts:

Passive program:

Active program bingo:

Jennifer said...

from Meg

Brytani said...

I wrote about the trials of organizing a Family Day at my library. said...

Erin said she posted this, maybe it got lost. It's a cool passive TMNT program: said...

And Librarian Out Loud has a Dr. Who program that looks cool. I gotta get around to watching this sometime: