Saturday, December 13, 2014

This week at the library; or, It's not over yet

What's happening in my head and at the library
  • This would normally be my last week of programs, but I still have a ton of outreach visits and a gingerbread storytime that I'm hearing a lot of interest in next week, so....yeah, it's not over yet.
  • Started the week with either the remnants of a cold or the sinus infection that never ends, it just keeps coming back. I had intended to get a lot of work - reviewing, cooking, and misc. stuff done last weekend but I mostly just slept and felt sorry for myself.
  • No time for that this week though! On top of still working on neighborhoods (determined to make it to the S's this week!) I had programs, newsletters and publicity to write for next year that needs to go out now, scheduling and planning for the position that's posting next week, and just general madness. I powered through although coming back after Friday was really, really hard.
  • Saturday was awesome, once I got into it - we have a new partnership with the local dance studio, after a slow start lots of people showed up, and it was a quick clean-up.
Programs

What the kids are reading:
  • Calvin and Hobbes - suggested Mal and Chad
  • PAWS - Mysteries for a 5 year old, suggested Mystery by Eaton
  • PAWS - sports books (directed to sports in Neighborhoods)
  • PAWS - sparkly reads - went through a couple and she decided on Dotty by Perl
  • Books on ancient Egypt (and we discussed which LOTR book to read first)
  • duct tape crafts (I keep meaning to buy some for the teen area but haven't yet)
  • Lexile around 600 - really wanted something shorter/easier, but nothing came up at the right level. I gave her Julie Bowe's My Last Best Friend and suggested a couple other shorter things.
  • Otis books - found them hiding in the back
  • Berenstain Bears - really need to add more to this tub
  • "the mythology book you recommended to me last time" no luck on that one...

No comments: