Saturday, May 2, 2015

This week at the library; or, The countdown begins

What's going on; in my head and at the library
  • It's preschool visit week and the second to last week of programs. I also took Monday and Wednesday off. I had to use or lose my last couple PTO days. I should just stop taking Mondays off - I always seem to have bad Monday vacations. I spent most of this one cleaning out my basement, hauling stuff to work, and buying vast numbers of pots and other supplies at Walmart. Wednesday I went to the zoo.
  • Thursday was rather exhausting. I came in at 8ish for two kindergarten field trips, plunged a toilet, and then had 42 people at Lego Club. Jess helped me since my aide was gone and I left shortly before 6.
  • I worked a half day Friday because I was working Saturday - this week felt like not much got done, but I was gone several days and then had all those programs! Not to mention gardening.
Some Projects Completed/In Progress This Week
Programs
Ongoing and New Stealth Programs and Displays
What the kids are reading; A Selection
  • Request for a book about gas for a four year old. Total blank after I realized that no libraries in our system own "The Gas We Pass" so I gave them Walter the Farting Dog.
  • Books about turkeys
  • Fan of Map to Everywhere - gave them Magic Marks the Spot
  • Reluctant, or more appropriately, picky reader - I suggested nonfiction, Jeremy Bender, and a couple other things.

No comments: