- It's preschool visit week and the second to last week of programs. I also took Monday and Wednesday off. I had to use or lose my last couple PTO days. I should just stop taking Mondays off - I always seem to have bad Monday vacations. I spent most of this one cleaning out my basement, hauling stuff to work, and buying vast numbers of pots and other supplies at Walmart. Wednesday I went to the zoo.
- Thursday was rather exhausting. I came in at 8ish for two kindergarten field trips, plunged a toilet, and then had 42 people at Lego Club. Jess helped me since my aide was gone and I left shortly before 6.
- I worked a half day Friday because I was working Saturday - this week felt like not much got done, but I was gone several days and then had all those programs! Not to mention gardening.
Some Projects Completed/In Progress This Week
- Interviewed the last two potential aides and made hiring decisions.
- Put together the book order for my baby toy bags
- Put together audiobook order
- Our adult services librarian put together the videos she took of me introducing parts of the children's area and booktalking.
- Tiny Tots (Pattie)
- Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
- Middle School Madness (Jess)
- Four year old kindergarten field trip: Pete the Cat (3 sessions)
- Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
- Lego Club
- Request for a book about gas for a four year old. Total blank after I realized that no libraries in our system own "The Gas We Pass" so I gave them Walter the Farting Dog.
- Books about turkeys
- Fan of Map to Everywhere - gave them Magic Marks the Spot
- Reluctant, or more appropriately, picky reader - I suggested nonfiction, Jeremy Bender, and a couple other things.