What's going on; in my head and at the library
|The first photo, as I try to grasp what is happening.|
There are unseen masses of stuff to the left and right.
|Then I decided to clean from the back outwards.|
|But all that stuff had to go SOMEWHERE|
- What a week. Meetings all afternoon Monday, then a scheduling snafu that ended up canceling Tiny Tots Monday night, then on Tuesday I dealt with building code and fire inspections and the aftermath; I've now got half the contents of my storage closet piled behind my desk because whoever designed the building didn't think to give us any storage space sans electrical panels. I'm going to be spending the next couple weeks juggling summer preparations, cleaning out the basement, and hauling stuff down to the basement. And a mess up with the donor letters, although hopefully I think that will be easily fixed. Then another schedule complication. OY.
- I spent a lot of Wednesday dealing with a string of stuff - I moved stuff around in the workroom (putting things on top of things) so we can at least see what needs to be reorganized, then I was able to get to some of the stuff on my desk. A few people came to storytime and I spent a while venting to my associate. We're trying middle school madness as a passive program because there really has been no turnout. It's just that kind of week.
- I started work on the basement Thursday morning, wishing I'd brought shorts or something as the weather has randomly turned hot and muggy and the basement is not air-conditioned of course.
- My coworkers are TAUNTING ME WITH SINKS.
- Hardly anyone came to our last Messy Art Club - probably due to the hot and steamy weather (which some people think qualifies as "gorgeous" but I call "disgusting")
- Friday morning - I moved a lot of stuff around in my office, thus my rather sweaty and disheveled appearance in the videos filmed this morning...finished a bunch of little projects, then left at 12:30 for a 2 hour trip to Walmart. Hopefully the last!
- Saturday - I went in around 9:30 to finish setting up. I also took all the crap from yesterday's 2 hour shopping trip out of my car. It took forever and I was miserably sweaty and now there is more stuff even than you see in the pictures. Despite all the little things indicative of this week - there was a baby shower in the community room, I had to move things around, the dancers had things go wrong and were late, in the end everything went fine and about 60 people came! The local ballet studio came and did some dances in the lobby, including stuff from their upcoming Cinderella show, then the kids could take pictures with Cinderella and Prince Charming and Cinderella read them her story. The best part was when one of my two special needs boys was so inspired by a dancer he got up and started leaping and twirling along with her! Also, I had craft materials to make cards and muffins and doughnuts out in the Storyroom all Saturday. I didn't stay though - I left around noon.
|More tidying, to soothe my nerves|
- Staff meeting, summer planning meetings, staff evaluation
- Basement and desk, cleaning and reorganization
|Reorganized this section, with much crawling under to|
re-plug things and squashing my fingers in the drawers
of the hitherto unused file cabinet.
|Lots of mess still left.|
- A lot of requests for the Pigeon books.
- After book club the girls wanted Flat Stanley and Dog Diaries and Stink
- Read-alikes for Who's Hiding? by Satoru Onishi. I've worked with this patron before and horned in on her discussion with my associate to bring out the newest Britta Teckentrup - Where the Pair? and there was a Masayuki Sebe she hadn't seen yet.
|However, there is still lots of work to do.|
|Lots of work|
|Donations are wonderful, but NOW?|