Programs for School-Age Kids
- Fat Girl Reading has some great plans for a homeschool book club.
- Literary Hoots did Scribble Bots for the after school crowd.
- Abby the Librarian presented Science Playground for the fall break over at the ALSC blog
- Literacious talks about a Star Wars party that didn't go quite as planned...
- I had a big Fairy Tale Adventure at my library, complete with giant gingerbread house
Stealth programs and displays
Other stuff of interest
- Kidlitfrenzy is running a mock Sibert
- From the Liberry of.... has a whole slew of Disney-themed programs planned for December
I feel kind of silly linking to my own blog, but here's the school-age programming I did in November or started that month.
- Updated Bookaneers (book club for grades 1-3, beginning/struggling readers)
- Updated Rock 'n' Read (book club for grades 3-5)
- Messy Art Club: Embossing
- Updated Mad Scientists Club force and motion activities
- Paws to Read winter reading program
Is Thrive Thursday no longer thriving? Sadly, blog round-ups in general seem to be dying off. Ah, I remember the days....Anyways, I received only a couple submissions, so I supplemented them with what I collected from The Internets. Enjoy! And if you don't have a school-age event yourself but know of a great blog post about one that happened in November, pass it on!