Saturday, February 13, 2016

This week at the library; or, The planets are misaligned

My desk on Friday. Not pictured: My inner turmoil.
What's happening in my head and at the library
  • Monday
    • Playgroup with Pattie
    • Tiny Tots (Pattie)
    • Oh boy. I made a concerted effort to clear some of the projects off my desk and cart, but bogged down in the evening when there were incidents and busyness and crazyness. A patron told me it's all due to five planets colliding or something and I'll take it.
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
    • Rock 'n' Read
    • I felt exhausted and disorganized, but still managed to get a fair amount of work done. I don't LIKE drama, it makes me upset. Had a miserable headache most of the day.
    • However! Looking on the bright side! Nice compliment from a mom on how welcoming our children's area and library in general is. Teacher I put together high-level fiction remote collection for wants to do a unit on nonfiction which makes me happy. Book club kids loved Hamster Princess.
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
    • Lakeland outreach tour (Jess)
    • Mad Scientists Club: Building cards and Pendulums
    • Decided to clean out the basement so we could find things. My desk is a mess. I feel disorganized and behind on everything. Everyone is out of sorts. Sigh.
  • Friday
    • Due to low sign-up and Not Being Ready we decided to postpone Mother Goose on the Loose until May. My car made a weird clicking noise. I worked about a half-day, cleaning things up and generally trying to catch up. Realized I told everyone yesterday that next week was Messy Art Club and we were going to paint. It's Lego Club. Sigh. Went home to clean my own apartment.
  • Saturday
    • Have a Heart
    • This is Pattie's big Valentine party. I came in to help and clean up glitter and do more work. I have only myself to blame for feeling yech since I didn't eat breakfast though. Goodbye week. I will not miss you.
Projects in Progress or Completed
  • Updating and discussing easy readers and early literacy center
  • Updating and putting together new toy bags
  • Cleaning out basement and storage room
  • Cleaning off desk
What the kids are reading; A Selection
  • Alice by Naylor and read-alikes
  • ADD books for teens
  • Holocaust books - project
  • Request - various books about maps for school project
  • High-level nonfiction for teacher

No comments: