Saturday, May 21, 2016

This week at the library; or, I feel frazzled

A screenshot of the spreadsheets I'm working on
What's going on, in my head and at the library
  • Monday
    • Supervisory things, cleaning off my desk, and going over lots of misc. details. First meeting of the Autism support group!! Only one person came, but it's a beginning!
  • Tuesday
    • Planning summer programs and continuing to work on weeding. Board meeting for a charter school group in the afternoon. I told the teens to be good when I left b/c our director was feeling frazzled and they didn't know what I meant!
  • Wednesday
    • Worked a half day. It was kind of crazy and then it wasn't. I worked on collection development spreadsheets because my mind was feeling a little fragile.
  • Thursday
    • Mother Goose on the Loose (Pattie)
    • Still planning all the things.
  • Friday
    • Welty Environmental Center (4K field trips) (2 performances)
    • This is why I took a half day on Wednesday. The regular presenter has moved jobs (how could you do this to us Lena??) and the volunteer covering was a little freaked out at the prospect of 100 four year olds! However, as I reassured him, kindergarteners aren't critical! They all had a lot of fun, learned about pollination, and were very well-behaved, even the ones who, as I like to say, have personality.
  • Saturday
    • It was a day. I have no more words. Next week I'll tackle more 
Projects in progress and completed
What the kids are reading; A selection
  • Tommy by Blumenthal
  • Tricky lexile questions. I really wish that, if teachers require kids who are reading at 1200 or above to stick to their level, they gave them a LIST.
  • Frogs (real frogs)
  • YA read-alikes for Hush Hush - Cynthia Leititch Smith (already had) Forest of Hands and Teeth
  • Red Queen
  • Kung Pow Chicken - checked out, took Space Taxi instead
  • Missing volumes of Star Wars Legacy - I think they're out of print
  • Angry Birds books
  • Little House continuations
  • Kamisama Kiss
  • Strong reader finished Wolves of Beyond, I suggested some other series but then got her interested in Redwall. I think that is a match made in heaven.
  • Car books

No comments: