Saturday, May 28, 2016

This week at the library; or, May where did you go?

What's happening in my head and at the library
  • Monday
    • Staff meeting, working through more summer reading stuff and things on my desk, planning school visits.
  • Tuesday
    • More planning and stuff. Things keep happening
  • Wednesday
    • I ask myself why? WHY?
  • Thursday
    • 2nd grade field trip (3 classes, 70 students)
    • Had to reschedule to today because of the weather. And then it didn't rain yesterday and poured this morning. At least summer is nearly planned and I've decided everything else can either wait until after summer or I'm just going to give my staff extra chocolate and let them deal with it. A first grade class came over in the morning for a project - I just had to have books prepped for them and show them where to be. I love how beauuuutifully behaved all the kids here are! The second graders were also awesome and really enjoyed exploring the library. Their favorite books were Glow and The Princess in Black and the Hungry Bunny Horde. I did have to stop a couple of them from delightedly playing with the babies they discovered in the play area. I reminded them that you have to ask the mom before playing with babies that aren't yours!
  • Friday
    • 2nd grade field trip (3 classes, 52 students)
    • Normally I would be handling these kids alone but, b/c of other things going wrong this week, Jess came in an extra day! So there was a bright lining after all. I scheduled a gazillion Facebook posts and left early.
Projects in progress and completed
  • Summer reading and program planning
  • Weeding - 700s
What the kids are reading: A selection
  • Warriors
  • It's a tiger
  • Selection
  • lexiles again. and again.
  • Harry Potter - first time reader
  • Twilight read-alikes - Coffin Club and Shiver
  • summer school teaching - diversity/multicultural
  • Pony books - Magic ponies

No comments: