In case you missed it, the announcement of the few, the brave, the determined has been made and the panelists and judges for Cybils are official! In a few days you'll see the category descriptions - there are exciting changes in several categories, including my own beloved nonfiction, so stay tuned!
Elementary and Juvenile Nonfiction Round 1 Panelists
These people have bravely volunteered to wade through 100+ books, haunting their local libraries and bookstores for copies, discussing the anatomical details of head lice at the dinner table, and plunging into discussions to choose the mighty shortlists come December.
- Sandy Brehl, Unpacking the Power of Picture Books
- Reshama Deshmukh, Stacking Books
- Sara Ralph, Two Nerdy Sisters
- Ellen Zschunke, On the Shelf 4 Kids
- Joanne Roberts, Bookish Ambition
- Elisa Bergslien, Leopards and Dragons
- Carrie Waterson, Indianapolis Public Library Kids' Blog and Ready to Read
Elementary and Juvenile Nonfiction Round 2 Judges
To this group falls the task of choosing the one book that rules them all, the best of the best, the chosen one from the shortlists. They have only a few short weeks to read deeply, discuss thoroughly, and wade through the volume of emails their category organizer produces (me).