|some of the contents of my new|
STEM discovery kit
- Monday we were closed. I delayed programs another week to give us time to thoroughly prep. So we prepped and did many important things.
- Met with school librarian and then did a super quick promo of books and library services at teacher staff meeting- I promoted several publishers; National Geographic, Charlesbridge, little bee, and Millbrook/Lerner. I got a good response from the resources I sent out - new teacher cards and a big bump in easy reader circ already!
- Finished various end of year reports
- Worked on a series of Facebook posts promoting our juvenile series (beginning chapter) books. I plan to schedule them weekly all year.
- I ordered many things, ranging from books to movies to puppets to supplies.
- Much discussion of teen area and furniture. I think we have a potential plan!
- Youth Services Workshop - I have actually found technology I am in favor of adding to the teen area - ozobots and possibly bloxels.
- Character education books for a beginning reader, turned out to be an adult with developmental difficulties. I gave them our old titles, which I hope to replace soon with new books from Free Spirit.
- Llama Llama Red Pajama, I want my hat back, Dragons love tacos, What pet should I get, Pout-Pout Fish, Wonderful things you will be (Winfield)
- Harold and the Purple Crayon - missing
- Yo-Kai Watch - the manga
- Duck for President
- Spot by Eric Hill (I think they are out of print)
- Superhero movies with Flash
- Easy readers at various levels for a teacher