- Playgroup with Pattie
- Tiny Tots
- Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions)
- Rock 'n' Read
- Outreach Storytimes: Let's Grow (5 sessions)
- Books 'n' Babies
- Messy Art Club: Dot painting
It's difficult to fully explain the chaos and drama going on. The kids are all super antsy from a combination of spring and our varying level of lockdowns due to an investigation in the next county over. We are all feeling overwhelmed and exhausted. We forgot about Easter. I only realized on Monday night that I'd planned a totally different program instead of our traditional egg-painting for Messy Art Club and my associate remembered that we hadn't put any Easter books on display!
- Facebook posts - finished the beginning chapter and neighborhood series (they will post through December) and new book Wednesdays (through May).
- Booklist Webinar: Series nonfiction must-haves for the school library
Real Kids Read Books
- Book club kids loved Calli Be Gold by Michele Weber Hurwitz. We talked about being average and being "special".
- Several kids also really loved Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhhai Lai. We talked about refugees (they were completely clueless about any refugees other than the Jews in WWII. Or any global conflicts. One kid says "there's a war?" I talked about Hmong refugees, of whom there is a large population in our state and Sudan. We also talked about what it would be like to move to another country and how they treat kids in their classes who don't speak English or are different from them.)
- We talked about Roller Girl. One reader saw another's copy of Hamster Princess and wanted it next.