Yep, I took another week of vacation. I usually take some in the fall, but made some changes because of new staff and my anniversary date is May 5th. Anyways, I wanted to work on my garden. This is what I did, in case you're interested:
- About a month's worth of laundry
- Same of dishes
- Organized and put away things that have been accumulating, including my basement space
- Caught up on reviews and reading (sort, still have a big stack there)
- Gardening! This was my main project. Cleaned out garden beds, moved bricks, hauled pots, put together trellises, then dealt with the resultant pain in my back and knees, remembered that I am getting old and am in horrible shape, somehow managed to sunburn myself in 60 degree weather, planted seeds, planted the tubers I've been saving all winter, etc.
(I lied, I didn't finish the dishes. I'll do them tomorrow?)
While I was gone, life went on at the library. Our community room was recarpeted and painted and the chicks hatched. I left plenty of instructions and I figured staff would have no problem handling things.
- Sensory Playgroup
- Tiny Tots
- Toddlers 'n' Books
- Lego Club (teen aide ran it in our Storyroom)
- no programs
- Books 'n' Babies
- Closed for staff development. I went in for the staff meeting at 9am and following events as well as checking my email - I knew there would be urgent teacher requests to fulfill.