Saturday, April 28, 2018

This week at the library; or, I'm not at the library

Yep, I took another week of vacation. I usually take some in the fall, but made some changes because of new staff and my anniversary date is May 5th. Anyways, I wanted to work on my garden. This is what I did, in case you're interested:

  • About a month's worth of laundry
  • Same of dishes
  • Organized and put away things that have been accumulating, including my basement space
  • Caught up on reviews and reading (sort, still have a big stack there)
  • Gardening! This was my main project. Cleaned out garden beds, moved bricks, hauled pots, put together trellises, then dealt with the resultant pain in my back and knees, remembered that I am getting old and am in horrible shape, somehow managed to sunburn myself in 60 degree weather, planted seeds, planted the tubers I've been saving all winter, etc.
(I lied, I didn't finish the dishes. I'll do them tomorrow?)

While I was gone, life went on at the library. Our community room was recarpeted and painted and the chicks hatched. I left plenty of instructions and I figured staff would have no problem handling things.
  • Monday
    • Sensory Playgroup
    • Tiny Tots
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books
    • Lego Club (teen aide ran it in our Storyroom)
  • Wednesday
    • no programs
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies
  • Friday
    • Closed for staff development. I went in for the staff meeting at 9am and following events as well as checking my email - I knew there would be urgent teacher requests to fulfill.

No comments: