Saturday, February 23, 2019

This week at the library; or, More snow?

Happenings at the library this week
  • Monday
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions)
    • STEM Challenge: Speed Racers (2nd session for What's Next families)
    • OPtions board meeting
  • Wednesday
    • Outreach Storytime (3 sessions)
    • Library on the Go (2 sessions)
    • Winter Wigglers: Fit Kids (2 sessions)
  • Thursday
  • Friday
    • 4K outreach: Rainforest night
  • Worked 32.5 hours (8 hours PTO); 13 hours on desk; 7 programs
Notes

  • I used an old program of Amy Koester's for Speed Racers. We didn't have the right size of washers and ended up grabbing buttons and using a lot of hot glue, but the kids had fun anyways. About 20 for the first session and 5? for the second.
  • I forgot to tell my associate doing Fit Kids that Head Start was coming! However, thankfully it all worked out fine and the group was a nice size - about 20 - and everyone had a great time. She had a really detailed workout scheduled for the kids; I saw/listened to the afternoon session and the kids really got into it.
  • The rainforest program was rescheduled, but I'd already taken the day off. I packed up all the books, resources, etc. for my associate and I hope she had fun with all the four year olds! (Yes, she was hired to work with teens but she's flexible...)


Projects this week
  • Paperwork and publicity for Walmart grant
  • Update newsletter (need by Thursday)
  • Lost paperwork
  • Three sections of the neighborhoods weeded and updated

No comments: