Saturday, August 17, 2019

This week at the library

Happening this week
  • Monday
    • Open Storyroom
    • Paws to Read
    • Manager's Meeting
  • Tuesday
    • Library on the Go: Immunization clinic
    • Craft-o-rama
    • VIP volunteers
  • Wednesday
    • Yoga with Josie's Poses
    • Library on the Go: Learning Curve (3 sessions)
  • Thursday
    • Open Storyroom
    • Book-a-Librarian Sewing
  • Friday
    • We Explore Art: Gianna Marino
    • Teens after hours
    • Free Lego Build
  • Worked 40.5 hours; 5 hours on desk; 6 programs
Notes
  • I had a bad sinus headache (and some residual back pain from gardening) on Monday and didn't write the meeting minutes as carefully as I should have, oops, sorry staff that I freaked out, we are NOT changing everyone's schedules!... cleaned off my desk, worked my way through some professional development, still cleaning up various bits of collection development, starting placing holds for fall programs.
  • Still a bit muzzy, but with the help of my associate and aide (who were very flexible and helpful) we handled the summer camp, VIP volunteers, and craft-o-rama clean-up with me spending most of the afternoon at the clinic.
  • Second to last LOTG visit to Learning Curve - kids loved using watercolors and oil pastels and I agreed to visit the regular four year old room in the fall. I think my collaboration has made a big difference in involvement with our most distance elementary school (which they feed into) so I'm all for keeping it going! I heard that we had a big group for yoga.
  • Cleaning the basement on Wednesday; on Thursday I had some sewing sessions and then cleaned the meeting room/maker space.
  • Finished the newsletter on Friday, in the midst of a nerf gun battle no less. Also very pleased to see a family from the clinic come to the library!
Professional Development
  • Niche Academy: Librarian's guide to homelessness

No comments: