Saturday, October 5, 2019

This week at the library; Hello, October

What's Happening
  • Monday
    • Open Storyroom
    • Paws to Read
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions)
  • Wednesday
    • Open Storyroom
    • Outreach: Ozobots
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Worked 38.5 hours; 12 hours on desk; 2 programs
Notes
  • I was a bit distracted from work this week b/c my Mom moved up to WI from TX. She is now a cheesehead!
  • I still managed to write monthly reports, finish weeding the easy readers, run an outreach/maker space event, book club, and full morning of school visits, and do a lot of cataloging. Not all of it was good, but the books are in there...
  • Also still working on updating the maker kits and finished going through the monthly lost list. This is relevant, b/c I am currently missing at least 3 kits...
Collection Development Notes
  • Tom Gates - the 4th graders are really going for the notebook novels this year, but this one isn't very available.
  • Life of Fred - this is a homeschool curriculum that a lot of people have asked for. I will put it in my budget next year, it's expensive and not available through my vendor.
  • Children's dictionary. I thought I had one, but apparently not.
  • Spookley the square pumpkin - I have the dvd, but the book is out of print.

No comments: