Saturday, November 23, 2019

This week at the library; or, I just want to go back to bed

Happening this week
  • Monday
    • Open Storyroom
    • Managers' Meeting
  • Tuesday
    • Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions)
    • 7th grade outreach visits (5 sessions)
    • VIP volunteers
    • Girl Scouts
  • Wednesday
    • Wonderful Wednesday
    • Fandom committee meeting
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies
    • Maker Workshop: Candlemaking
    • Grandparents support group
  • Friday
    • Free Lego Build
  • Saturday
    • GLAS star party
  • Worked 41ish hours; 3 hours on desk; 6 programs
  • Worked a couple hours at home on budgeting and collection development
Notes
  • Everyone but me is feeling better. Nope, take that back, somebody else is getting the respiratory thing.
  • I finished weeding through the 500s (all the animal books!) did another candlemaking workshop for the people who I couldn't fit in the first time, booktalked to another 135 seventh graders, and am getting ready for some serious Planning and Budgeting.
Collection development notes
  • I seemed to have fewer graphic novel fans in this set of 7th graders, although a couple kids said they liked Deadpool (I didn't take Deadpool to the school. I have some common sense.). Lots of history buffs in a couple classes and fantasy fans. One strong request for April Henry read-alikes.

No comments: