Friday, December 12, 2008

There are cats in this book by Viviane Schwarz


Woweewow, this is my newest, favoritest book!

There are cats in this book. Not just any cats, three exquisitely curious felines - but they can't play alone! They need help turning pages, throwing yarn, being rescued, dried off, and tucked in! This is the best interactive picture book I have come across in, well, forever! The flaps and pages are designed perfectly to carry forward the experience and the brisk cheerful text complements the sprawling, brightly colored illustrations.

There's only one flap - the yarn - that I have doubts about surviving eager little fingers, otherwise it's very sturdily made.

I have so far read this book to: Two preschool storytimes, my aides, my director, my parent educator, two family storytimes, and my gaming kids. They all loved it (including the parents at storytime). It is with great reluctance that I give it up to the new shelf.

Woweewoww, what a book!

Verdict: Buy it for your picture book shelves. Buy it for your storytime collection. Buy two copies. Buy it for your friends. Buy it for yourself. Buy it for your family. I cannot recommend this book too highly!


ISBN: 978-0763639235; Published November 2008 by Candlewick; Borrowed from the library; Purchased for the library; Added to my personal wishlist

2 comments:

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you very much for reviewing my cats on your lovely site!

I'm glad that the book caused joy in your library already! It's designed for maximum ease of sellotaping back together, I'm hoping that will add to the visual appeal on the whole by and by :)

Jennifer said...

An excellent design feature (-:) I am sure we will be utilizing it soon. Tiny, Moonpie, and Andre are currently traveling through our system, finding new page-turning friends!