- Storywagon: Duke Otherwise
- Preschool Interactive
- Messy Art Club: Bubbles and Chalk
- We Explore Bubbles and Chalk
- It's all downhill from here. Monday went by in a swirl (heh heh) of toilet plunging, minor catastrophes, and general Mondayishness.
- We had an awesome group for Duke Otherwise on Tuesday and he was a great performer, very fun, friendly, and connected wonderfully with the kids, I hope we'll have him back again for future Storywagons. We had 82 kids and parents (for our town that means about 60 kids and 20 adults btw) which is a really good number for a performer we haven't had before.
- Then we had an "accident" in the children's area, a chat with a patron reminded me that I need to turn in a local grant request NOW, I found out Pattie will be out of town and I've got 3 storytimes to cover in two weeks and our director brought back news of a particularly....exciting city council meeting. I am thinking I better recreate my resume and references (lost when my computer crashed) now rather than later.
- Wednesday. Had a good group for storytime, too hot to think or really do anything though. So. Hot.
- Thursday. Starting with the little girl who cut her hand on the youth services desk (whatever idiot thought sharp corners on the children's desk was a good idea?), continuing with a whole mess surrounding the community room (it's in the library, but booked through parks and recreation and a whole bunch of other stuff involved with that is going on) and then standing outside in the sun for Messy Art Club. I ended about 15 minutes early b/c everybody had left.
- Friday. I repeated the same thing for We Explore that I did for Messy Art Club. Fortunately, it was a little cooler. Not much, but a little. Friday's catastrophe was the appearance of huge, sopping wet stains on the children's area carpet. They are a total mystery. They are HUGE, several feet in diameter and soaking wet. We are baffled.
|Oz display made by my aide|
|Oz display and movie poster|
|Emerald City of Oz|
|Storywagon: Duke Otherwise|