- Toddlers 'n' Books, 2 sessions (Pattie)
- Preschool Interactive
- Middle School Madness
- Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
- Lego Club
- Explore and Experience Early Literacy
- This week felt very summery with 80 degree heat, and what felt like gazillions of kids and programs and STUFF.
- On Monday night, one of the other staff covered my desk shift and I went to the school's Resiliency Fair and had a half a table for the library. I met some people, had some chats, it was pretty good for not a lot of effort. I'm afraid the people who staffed the fair were disappointed - I think only about 50 people came, but I was fine with my part in it.
- Tuesday was busy, busy, busy. Nominate for Cybils!
- I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but two programs a day is exhausting, especially a teen program with such variable attendance. I was totally drained by the time Middle School Madness came around, but the kids energized me enough to make it through...and then I went home and collapsed.
- Thursday I came in around 11ish to meet with Pattie about the early literacy night. Then I did Lego Club, and then we had the literacy program. We were supposed to have three groups. They'd get nametags in the lobby, turns meeting with the reading specialists and going on a library tour. Well, only about 30 people at the most came. So, yeah. We could have done them all in one group and I wouldn't have had to lead three tours one after another. My feet hurt.
- I'm thinking I really need to do something different with my school visits other than endless tours and "oh yeah, you want to visit yes, darn, schedule crazy, I'll fit you in somewhere..." and I'm looking at a bunch of different things. I like the Field Trip visits that La Crosse does, but I don't have the time to put together something like that. My neighboring library has lots of repeat visits where the kids check out, but that won't work for us either. I'm thinking of putting together something different - but simple - for each grade level and then sticking firmly to it and sending the teachers dates I am available ahead of time. I kind of did this with the offsite outreach visits and now I need to do it with the elementary school visits.
- Friday was vacation! I have to plan my vacation days around programs and we had no We Explore this week.