- Phew. Programs are over. Now it's time for outreach, planning, and vast amounts of organization.
- We have chicks!
- Well, that was premature. Was just congratulating myself on the week nearly being done and nothing much more happening in the last few hours of Friday when I:
- Remembered that there was a program in the storyroom on Saturday and EVERYTHING would have to be cleaned out.
- Found out I would have no shelvers until Tuesday.
- Found a new book on the shelf with ICKY MOLD.
- Teacher emailed me to bring lots of kids (which is good, but crazy!)
- Volunteer I was depending on to help me in the last-minute panic haul to the basement didn't show.
- HOLY POTATO-EATING WOMBATS!
Some Projects Completed/In Progress This Week
- Last donation requests followed up (unsuccessfully)
- Cleaned off desk
- Organized school visits and Pinterest board of school booktalks
- All the prize books organized in the basement
- Recyclables and stuff organization in basement pretty much finished!
- Putting together teen prizes
- Science Alliance: 5th grades (2 schools)
- May outreach: Hop into summer (5 sessions)
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Chick Central
- Display: Why so serie-ous?
- Middle School Madness: Puzzling
- The preschooler who wanted books about farting is back - this time he's interested in weather, especially clouds and tornadoes and they also needed books on bullying.
- Some movie reader's advisory - the child was with the grandparents, but I know him and his parents and I helped him find something that wouldn't be too scary.
|Prize books on one side|
|Craft supplies on the other. The BWI boxes hold our cardboard|
|The long view. The boxes/paper mess in the foreground went out|
to recycling and the long shelves leaning up are going
to be put together and put there at the end as soon as
I find the rest of the pieces (another donation from home)