|I was taking pictures at Mad Scientists|
Club and saw this Red Admiral on the
column. So, have a butterfly.
- The weather was weird, my garden got slugged again, but a gazillion people came to the library, I got licked by a friendly Great Dane and it was all awesome.
- Lest you think that my library looks like it did in all those pictures of cool displays at the beginning of summer, I include what we now look like at the halfway point below. Actually it looks rather worse, but I took pictures after we'd been shelving and tidying for several hours.
Some Projects Completed/In Progress This Week
- Worked on collection development - orders for the rest of the year
- Continued working on updating the series spreadsheet
- Finished thank you letter and grant for continuing funding for circulating toy collection.
- My small section of the upcoming newsletter
- Finished going through the parenting collection - updating call #s, pulling items for the neighborhoods.
- Hunting, military
- More wrestling
- Eiffel Tower
- Charlie and Lola
- Mighty Dads
- I survived and read-alikes
- easy nonfiction
- Lego books
- Little House in the Big Woods (both copies checked out)
- Magical artifacts/ghosts
- Books for a 2nd grader
- Books for a four year old - trains, funny, action
- Lots of requests for mysteries
|The U keeps falling off. Gotham is definitely due for some urban renewal soon...|
|This is our 3rd? 4th? cover in less than two weeks|
|The phone booth is holding on valiantly, but I foresee a total collapse coming soon...|
|We lost track of stars for every name somewhere around 700 and then somebody sat on some of them....|
|The shelves are bare|
|The superhero hideout has been attacked by super villains. We took off the tower to start over.|
|Most of my little character stickers have fallen off, due to humidity and eager fingers|
|Locusts have ravaged all the shelves|
|The window is leaking|
|Book bundles are flying off the shelves faster than we can refill them|
|This is actually fairly tame - yesterday every single toy was out and spread across the floor|
|Little fingers found a rip...|
|The sign up box is showing signs of wear and tear...|