|Testing the queen of summer reading crown before|
taking it to the winning school librarian. I hope Ms. S.
- When did I become a supervisor and get stuck with all this PAPERWORK? Sigh.
- Monday I powered through paperwork, newsletter, and website and the evening on the desk.
- Tuesday I shifted and weeded juvenile fiction, discovering just before I left that I was one shelf short and had to reshift practically from the beginning. ARGH.
- Wednesday I finished juvenile fiction, processed new materials, refilled all the displays, and worked on the missing list. Inventory did not go as I had wanted. Note to self - do not have volunteers inventory, no matter how helpful they long to be. And maybe August is not the best time to inventory when things are in a mess. Do inventory right next time. Ended up shifting and shelf-reading all the holiday books as well. Made handouts for take home storytime.
- Thursday I fiddled with the budget and trying to figure out where we're moving the wifi thingy. I also started updating the 1000+ lexiles list, a necessary evil, filled displays, put out take home bags and coloring sheets, and answered lots of questions. The main project was getting all the marketing for September-October in place. Most of it was done, but I had to figure out what still needed to be done. I managed to finish almost everything! And still had time to process a few more new books.
- Friday (half-day) I finished the last bits of marketing through October. Processed the last of the new books. Finished reformatting the 1000+ lexile list and almost through updating.
- Saturday (half-day) Finished updating the 1000+ lexile list and sent it out to the schools, reprinted for the notebook, and sent to update the website. Staff evaluations finished (for the moment). Started work on
Ongoing and New Stealth Programs and Displays
- Dork Diaries
- RA - Lost Trail, Rex Fangbone, Little Green Men, Dragonbreath
- Secrets of Droon #8 is apparently the only one we don't have
- Solved a stumper for a staff member - Here where the sunbeams are green
- Struck out on a request for a medieval/high fantasy titled "dwarf" or another fantasy series we don't own.
- Suggested Happy Happy Clover to Chi's Sweet Home fan.
- Margolis' Boys are Dogs series for How to Survive Middle School fan.
- Craft books, Lego books, Doc McStuffins, Notebook of doom
- Wonder - where did it go? Finally discovered on the staff picks
- Bone (second request this week)
- Overheard a little girl lamenting the lack of horse books - I showed her the farm section and picked out Doyle Malachy's Horse and the Krista Ruepp books and she found My Chincoteague Pony
- Peg Kehret - threw me b/c I thought she was saying "peg carrot" and totally blanked for a minute.
- Books about feeling and character - neighborhoods for the win!
- graphic novels
- Dick and Jane
- Dork Diaries
- Wicked by Sara Shepard (put on hold)
- Box Christmas special (put on request list)
- Recommended Roller Girl to disgruntled tween checking out Zita, Babysitters Club, and others
- Then recommended Summer Camp Science mysteries and CSI Club and Amulet