Saturday, October 17, 2015

This week at the library; or, I am doing my civic duty

What's going on; in my head and at the library
  • I have no objection to doing my civic duty, but did I have to be called for jury duty THIS week?? I've never been called before and it was an unpleasant surprise to find out I had to be there at EIGHT AM on a MONDAY. That is not a real time. I got selected for a week-long trial and had to scramble to arrange replacements for the gazillion programs and school visits this week. So that's what happened this week.
  • I did get some long recesses and fortunately the courthouse is only about five minutes from the library, so I ran over and was able to do about half of book club and then came in and did misc. work during lunch and after 5. Still, it was an exhausting, frustrating week and by Wednesday night I mostly just wanted to cry. Thankfully it was over Thursday afternoon and my helpers took most of the work of Mad Scientists Club on themselves as I was not really in a condition to do anything!
  • How much work could I pack into Friday? Quite a bit.
Programs
Some projects completed/in progress this week
  • Justice!
Stealth Programs and Displays
What the kids are reading; A Selection
  • Other than the potential juror who was reading Kiki Strike which I'd recommended to her daughter previously....

No comments: