Saturday, December 19, 2015

This week at the library; or, Happy Birthday to Me

What's going on, in my head and at the library
Moved a small shelf for
easy reader display
  • Winding down from programming. Still a few busy days with outreach, but mostly the programming is over for the season!
  • I've started a new blog, http://readnplaylibrary.blogspot.com/, to collect my circulating toys and developmental aids. I'm going to post weekly until I run out of toys!
  • Tuesday was kind of exhausting.
  • Thursday I worked about 3/4 of the day and then freedom! I'm taking the next week off. It's my birthday.
  • Pictures of some little moves to make room for the new self-checkout which is coming soon.
Legos back on top of easy readers
Programs
  • Monday
    • Read with Pearl (Jess)
    • Tiny Tots (Pattie)
  • Tuesday
    • Headstart tour and storytime
    • Toddler Cookie Party (Pattie)
    • December outreach (3 sessions)
    • Sophos outreach w/cookies
  • Wednesday
    • Gingerbread Man storytime
Projects in progress/Completed
  • Working on budget and scheduling programs/performers
  • Updating and adding toy bags and maker kits
  • Weeding nonfiction - still in the 300s
  • Newsletter and calendar
  • Moving things to make way for the new self-checkout!
What the kids are reading
  • Last-minute lexile requests - recommended Nim's Island, Claudia Mills, Andy Griffiths, and just not stressing about it.
  • Nathan Hale and read-alikes
  • Stranded by Jeff Probst - need the second series
Add caption

2 comments:

Ms Fictitious said...

Hi,
I am interested in following the new blog, but I don't see the follow by email option in the normal place. Am I just having mom brain and missing it.

Jennifer said...

Oops, forgot to put that on! I just whipped it up last week - I'll get that up.