|My girls, the M-Team. When they were posing with|
the fruits of their labors, our first patron saw the new
kitchen and gravitated to it immediately!
- Playgroup with Pattie
- Read with Pearl (Jess)
- Tiny Tots (sub for Pattie)
- Emergency storytime in the evening - I basically just grabbed random books from the new ones I was checking in. Pearl came and was very white and fluffy. Felt vaguely disorganized but did plan department staff meeting and got through a bunch of misc. small stuff.
- Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Pattie)
- Middle School Madness: Dangerous Art
- I worked on putting together toy bags whilst greeting toddlers in the morning, then I helped our charter school group create a Facebook group, then I went out to Sophos for middle school outreach. I'm only supposed to stay an hour, but the kids were so engrossed in melting crayons with my embossing tool that I stayed an extra 45 minutes!
- Winter Wigglers: Obstacle Course (Jess)
- January Outreach: Under the Snow (5 sessions)
- My throat is sore. Had a big group of middle schoolers in the afternoon, they played board games and discovered the Osmo. More toy bags and weeding.
- Books 'n' Babies (Pattie)
- Lakeland Tour/Storytime (Jess)
- Lego Club
- Sent a short order for more Valentine's books. Trying to get together all the materials for the remote circulation bags next week and writing complicated emails about outreach and school performances in my head. Next, I will actually write them down and send them.
- No programs. No school either. I went to a SRP workshop in the morning, had lunch with friends, and then came back and worked on reports, weeding, and toy bags in the afternoon. There may or may not have been an interval of cheese shopping in there.
- Pre-work breakfast involved tasty food and much discussion of book catalogs. Work was crazy busy, between people wanting in-depth reference and technology help (not on a Saturday!) tax appointments (next year adult services has promised we won't be doing this) and the local art association picking up their current pictures (I'm the only one tall enough to get the top row!) Phew.
Projects in Progress or Completed
- Weeding 500s
- Putting together toy bags
- CE and Meetings
- SRP Workshop
What the kids are reading
- Request for Minecraft games on PS3 and XBOX360
- Picture books on Washington and Lincoln (teacher saving me time!)
- Kindergartener who wanted to read a chapter book - Sophia Martinez
- Lego books, Star Wars
- Courageous Princess - checked out, ordered the third one
- Teen Titans Go - second time they've asked, encouraged them to place a hold
- Tinker Bell
- Dragonball Z
- Descendants Isle of the Lost (glad I bought 3 copies)