Saturday, May 12, 2018

This week at the library; or, Field trips begin

What's happening at the library
  • Monday
    • Outdoor Playgroup
    • Tiny Tots
    • Manager's Meeting
    • Worked 12-8
  • Tuesday
    • Pinata party
    • Worked 9-5:15
  • Wednesday
    • Worked 9-5
  • Thursday
    • Books 'n' Babies
    • Library on the Go: OPtions
    • 1st grade field trip
    • Rock 'n' Read
    • Worked 10-6
  • Friday
    • Anime Club
    • Worked 3-6:45
  • Saturday
    • Get Fit Fest (off-site)
    • Worked 8-12:45
Working on planning for summer reading, putting together logs, sorting books for Library in a Box, and so on and so on. I've got two Library in a Box placements - both daycare/preschool/after school care centers that run year-round. My first choice for the third box couldn't place it, so I'm waiting to hear back from the next possibility on the list.
1st grade field trip. These particular classes visit regularly in the fall and late spring, as schedules allow. I read a few stories, they pick out books to check out for their classroom, and they all got bookmarks promoting summer reading. We also had a lengthy conversation about the gerbils, the previous hamster, how he died, why he died, and how I felt when somebody put his dismembered corpse on my desk. I love 1st graders.
I set up the Winter Wigglers obstacle course and Library on the Go at Get Fit Fest. People liked the obstacle course, but there was very low turnout.
Kind of off my game this week, allergies have been so bad that I haven't been able to sleep much. However, I did get a lot of summer reading planned and field trips put together, finished a bunch of picture book weeding, sorting books, and other projects. So I was not exactly idle!

No comments: