Saturday, June 2, 2018

This week at the library; or, It's hot

Happening this week
  • Monday
    • Closed
  • Tuesday
    • 2nd grade field trip
    • 5th grade field trip (2 trips with 2 classes each)
    • Online summer reading registration for kids only begins
    • Worked 8:30-5
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
We read Claymates at the 2nd grade tour and they laughed uproariously. The 5th grade tours went well; the first group was really into the scavenger hunt, but the second group had a lot of kids who wanted to just read instead. I was ok with that.

Off-site visits was my traditional summer reading visits - I don't know if it really influences the kids, but the teachers like it and I do enjoy booktalking. I used my booktalking cards here and for the 4th and 5th graders, some of whom checked out books. I was kind of tired by the end of the week.

No comments: