|The middle schoolers joined in and made monster boxes|
- As I'm planning next year, I think I need to really cut back on programs in October, even more than I did this year. It's just not realistic to run a lot of small programs when I'm doing all these extra school visits.
- Monday: Meetings. Staff meeting. Mid-year evaluations. Program meeting. Meeting to plan outdoor gardens/learning space. Busy evening on the information desk.
- Tuesday: I worked on planning stuff in-between floods of toddlers and other stuff. I also went out to Sophos for an hourish in the afternoon. There were more than 30 kids there, I checked out several books, took some for return, and also took a lot of supplies for them to decorate t-shirts the volunteers had provided. I ended up leaving the t-shirt supplies to pick up later b/c they were still doing stuff with them. They were sad that I took the Osmo back with me though!
- Wednesday was outreach and meetings. 3 outreach storytimes in the morning, then back to work, then to a meeting with a reading teacher at school, then back to work for lunch, then back for one more afternoon outreach visit, then back to the school for a board meeting, then I left. No knitting for me tonight. Bed instead.
- Thursday, DO ALL THE THINGS. Well, try anyways.
- Friday, I had hoped to have all my staff but due to various things it was just me and some of them some of the time. Then we ended up having an extra training and....anyways, I felt like not much got done but maybe that was because the day was scattered. Some shifting and shelving and a lot of stuff for the fairy tale adventure did get finished. Then I went to Walmart for supplies.
- Tiny Tots (Ms. Pattie)
- Toddlers 'n' Books (2 sessions) (Ms. Pattie)
- October Outreach: Autumnal Animalia (4 sessions)
- Books 'n' Babies (Ms. Pattie)
- Messy Art Club: Monster Boxes
Some projects completed/in progress this week
- Still working on weeding biographies, planning/scheduling next year and the fairy tale adventure
- 2 staff meetings, evaluations, program meeting, meeting with reading teacher, charter school board.
- Library work day (Friday)
- I didn't take notes this week and completely lost track. I was out at a lot of schools and crazy busy so I didn't do a lot of reader's advisory anyways.